Rebate amounts and program requirements are subject to change without notice. All homes or businesses are subject to inspection and usage data analyzed by participating in energy efficiency programs. Any rebates will be applied to past due amounts owed CPI before payment is issued.
We currently offer a rebate to members who add a new heat pump to their current heating system.
Why consider a heat pump? The electric heat pump is the most efficient heating system on the market today. Heat pumps offer clean, safe, reliable comfort all year long.
What will a heat pump do for you?
- Keep you warm during the winter
- Keep you cool in summer and save you money
- They are the most efficient heating system on the market today
- Keep you safe from carbon monoxide, a deadly byproduct of fuel burning
- Keep your home clean, by reducing the amount of airborne dust and mildew
- Keep your home dry, by dehumidifying the air inside your home
Minimum insulation requirements for the rebate program:
- Ceiling insulation R-19 minimum
- Duct insulation R-3 minimum
- Floor insulation R-11 minimum
Air Source and Variable Speed Heat Pump Upgrade:
Available for replacing an existing heat pump, adding a heat pump to a system with gas backup or zonal heating, or new construction. The heat pump must have a minimum HSPF of 9, a SEER of 14, and be installed by a PTCS Certified contractor.
Air Source Heat Pump Conversion:
The PTCS air source heat pump conversion measure provides an incentive for replacing an electric forced air furnace with a heat pump. The heat pump must have a minimum HSPF of 9, a SEER of 14, and the work must be completed by a PTCS Certified contractor.
Commissioning and Controls
This rebate is for heat pumps that do not meet CPI minimum efficiency standards.
*While duct sealing is not required for installing a new heat pump, it is strongly recommended. Click here for more information.
The Steps Involved
- Initial inquiry by customer
- Schedule in-home energy inspection if weatherization improvement is required.
- Customer obtains heat pump bid(s) from PTCS certified contractor(s).
- Customer notifies contractor to proceed with work
- Installer sends CPI Heat Pump Rebate form, copies of the PTCS verification information, whole house heating/cooling load calculations and balance point sheet*, and invoice to CPI (Heat Pump Dealer Rebate Form).
- Possible on-site inspection of contractor’s work by CPI
*If no heat/cooling load calculation and balance sheet are available you may request a copy of CPI’s heat pump sizing calculator by completing and submitting the form below.
Program subject to change without notice.