Rebate amounts and program requirements are subject to change without notice. All homes or businesses are subject to inspection and usage data analyzed by participating in energy efficiency programs. Any rebates will be applied to past due amounts owed CPI before payment is issued.
Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate
CPI is offering a $50 bill credit rebate for all qualifying chargers installed after April 1, 2020. Please see below for program requirements:
- Rebate of $50 is for installed EV charging equipment only. No limit of chargers per home.
- All rebates will be issued as a credit to member’s account. Please allow four weeks for processing.
- Applicant must be the owner of the CPI served property.
- The EV charger must be installed at the applicant’s CPI served address.
- EV charger must be Level 2 (240V), equipped with the SAE J1772 standard or Tesla connector plug and be UL listed. Learn about qualifying charger options on EnergyStar.gov and must be “Connected Functionality Capable”.
- The installation of the EV charger must be permitted, inspected and approved in compliance with the National Electric Code along with local, county and state requirements. It is the member’s responsibility to ensure the installation is done in compliance with applicable codes. For safety reasons, we recommend that a licensed electrician perform the installation.
- A copy of the receipts for the charger and installation must be included with the application. If self-installed then we only need a copy of the receipt for the charger.
- EV chargers that are resold, come as part of the purchase of the electric vehicle, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims or won as a prize are not eligible for rebates under this program.
- CPI disclaims any warranty, whether expressed or implied, for any materials or labor associated with installation, maintenance, or repair.
- All participating homes are subject to inspection and usage data analysis. I understand that programs may change at any time without notice at CPI’s sole discretion.