CPI Prepay Program
Our Prepay program allows you to avoid a deposit and late fees by maintaining a credit balance on your account. CPI’s Prepay program helps to manage your electricity budget. This program puts you in control of their energy usage by allowing you to manage your energy based on your budget.
Prepay service is available to residential members as an option subject to the following provisions:
- The member’s account must have the correct metering equipment. Three phase and CT metering are not eligible for Prepay electric service.
- Existing accounts must be paid in full before changing to a Prepay account, unless a special payment plan is approved by CPI.
- A minimum credit balance of $25.00 is necessary to begin Prepay electric service.
- The member must be signed up with SmartHub in order for Prepay billing to function.
How the Program Works
- A member desiring Prepay service makes a request of the Cooperative to be enrolled in the PrePay program. Meter deposits on existing accounts will be credited to the Prepay beginning balance.
- The cooperative will allow enrollment into the PrePay program if the member meets the eligibility requirements.
- A Prepay agreement signed by the member constitutes enrollment in the program. The member will be provided a copy of the signed agreement on request. Enrollment in the program lasts a minimum of 12 months.
- Daily meter readings via the Cooperative’s advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) system will be used to compute the member’s daily balance. Periodically, estimated usage from historical data may be used when a daily reading cannot be obtained.
- Members under Prepay metering access their account via the CPI website or by calling the toll-free Prepay interactive voice response (IVR) to obtain daily balance information.
- Prepay accounts receive alerts regarding low balance, pending disconnect, and reconnect of service (after payment). These alerts, payments and daily electric usage will be available via e-mail, and text notification. It is the responsibility of the member to provide an accurate phone number and e-mail address for notifications. PrePay members may change the settings for alerts via the prepaid website at any time.
- Prepay accounts will be automatically disconnected when an account has reached a negative balance. Accounts will not be disconnected on a Thursday, Friday, weekend, or holiday. Reconnection will occur automatically once the member’s account balance has been restored to a minimum $25.00 credit balance, including any associated service fees.
- A member under Prepay service may elect to revert to conventional electric service after 12 months. Payment in full of the calculated meter deposit may be required depending on the account credit history.
- A full settlement of the account shall be made when participation in the Prepay service is ended. Any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the member of record after final reconciliation of the account.
You may make payment on your Prepay account in a number of ways. Below are the different options available.
- Via our automated phone system (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)Call 800-872-9036 or 541-929-3124 and select Option 2.
- Via the mobile SmartHub app (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Online via the Internet (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) Sign up for SmartHub at CPI.SMARTHUB.COOP (you will need to have your account number).
- In person or by phone through CPI offices (Mon-Thu, 7am to 5:30pm)
6990 West Hills Road, Philomath, OR 97370
To Obtain Current Account Information or Change Notification Options
- Online: CPI.SMARTHUB.COOP (login and password required)
- By Phone: 1-800-872-9036 (account number or phone number required)
What should I do if my power is disconnected?
You will receive a disconnect warning by email and/or text message, per your selection on the Prepay service website, as an alert when your account drops below a $20 credit balance. If your Prepay balance is exhausted before you make a payment, your power is automatically disconnected at the meter.
Once adequate payment is made your power will be automatically restored, typically within 15 minutes.
Payment Methods to Avoid
To ensure prompt posting of a payment please avoid using the mail or our payment drop boxes!
What if my service is not automatically restored?
If you make a payment and your service is not automatically restored within 30 minutes, please call the office and report your outage. CPI will investigate the event and, if necessary, send a technician to restore power.
If the payment was received and the system malfunctioned you will not incur a service charge. If after investigation of the event it is determined that no payment was made or the payment method was declined, service will be disconnected and all applicable service fees will apply.
How do I sign up?
To sign up for PrePay service online, please review our Prepay SERVICE AGREEMENT, fill in the online form completely, and submit. You may also print the SERVICE AGREEMENT, fill it out by hand, and fax or email it to us, or drop it off at one of our office locations.