Prepaid Service Agreement
Thank you for signing up for the Consumers Power PrePay electric service program. As one of our prepaid service members, a security deposit is not required; however, customary membership and service fees apply. You must register with SmartHub for PrePay to function. Following are a series of items to consider:
As a CPI member, I understand and agree that:
- Existing security/meter deposits will be applied toward any outstanding balance with the remaining credit applied to my prepaid service.
- All fees and unbilled energy must be paid before an account can be converted to prepaid service.
- My electric service will be subject to immediate disconnection any time my account does not have a credit balance. Accounts will not be disconnected on a Thursday, Friday, weekend, or holiday.
- Prepaid accounts are not eligible for special payment arrangements.
- Energy assistance payments will be posted to my account after CPI receives payment from the energy assistance agency.
- Payments can be made in any amount; however, if any service is disconnected due to insufficient funds I will be required to bring my account balance to a minimum credit of $25.
- That I must be registered with SmartHub in order to be signed up with prepaid billing.
- My account history — usage, charges and payment record — will be available to me via the secure SmartHub login at www.cpi.coop, or the SmartHub mobile app.
- The web site will also allow me to modify my notification settings.
- I am responsible for managing and updating the notification settings on my prepaid account.
- After a twelve month period I may elect to convert my account to conventional electric service; at which time the Cooperative may require full payment of a calculated deposit as a condition of continued service. I will receive a refund of any remaining credit on my account.
- CPI reserves the right to change the prepaid electric service terms at any time and will provide me with notice of such changes.