Phone Service Guide
When calling Consumers Power, you will be greeted with a range of options depending on the department you need. Please listen to those carefully when you call so that you can get connected immediately to the department that can best help you.
Here is a guide to the options you hear when calling CPI:
- PRESS 1: OUTAGE REPORTING OR EMERGENCY
- PRESS 2: CHECK YOUR BALANCE, MAKE A PAYMENT, OR CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER USING OUR AUTOMATED SYSTEM
- PRESS 3: START, STOP OR TRANSFER SERVICE, PAY YOUR BILL, OR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- PRESS 4: ENERGY SERVICES—REBATES, OR ENERGY EFFICIENCY QUESTIONS
- PRESS 5: COMPANY DIRECTORY
- PRESS 0: ALL OTHER BUSINESS
Response to Outage Calls
Many callers in a power outage want to make sure we know about it and to find out a cause or to report a possible cause. CPI’s Integrated Voice Response system can take hundreds of calls without callers getting irritating busy signals for extended periods of time. Here’s how it works:
- Call our main number
- Press 1 to access our outage system.
- From the outage menu, press 2 to report an outage.
- Follow the voice prompts
- The IVR is tied to CPI’s accounts. It matches the phone number we have for you to your address*. This allows the system to generate an outage ticket and to deliver a pre-recorded message containing information that CPI has about the outage.
You are also given an opportunity to leave a message with us to report any specific outage information you may have, such as hearing a loud noise at the time the power went out or wires that are lying on the ground.
From the data gathered, CPI’s crews and dispatcher are able to get the information they need to respond to your outage.
*To update a phone number, call CPI at either 541-929-3124 or 800-872-9036 and select option 2. Have your account number ready.