CPI is dedicated to keeping the cost of electricity affordable for our members. To support that mission we carry the Rheem Prestige heat pump water heaters. Members can purchase these heat pump water heaters starting at $699 in our Philomath office. There is also a $600 cash rebate available if certain criteria are met.
How do heat pump water heaters work?
Heat pump water heaters work like a refrigerator, but in reverse – while a refrigerator pushes heat from inside the unit out to the air around it, a heat pump water heaters pull heat from the surrounding air and transfers it to the water in the storage tank.
Is it right for you?
Heat pump water heaters are ideal for homeowners looking to…
- replace an old, inefficient electric water heater
- lower household energy consumption
- take control of how efficiently their hot water heater operates
While the purchase price for heat pump water heaters is higher than the average standard electric unit current available rebates as well as reducing your water heating costs by up to 50%, make them an excellent value for your home.
Where can I install a heat pump water heater?
Heat pump water heaters can be installed in a variety of heated and unheated locations such as a garage, basement or utility room.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AN EXISTING LOCATION
Many heat pump water heaters can be installed in the same spot as current standard electric water heaters.
Take advantage of existing connections (cold water supply, hot water outlet, electrical connection, temperature/pressure relief valve, and drain).
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Space – Units tend to run a little taller and wider plus require some air flow. Sealed locations without ventilation are not ideal.
- Sound – Heat pump water heaters generate sounds similar to an electric fan, this is simply the sound of energy-efficient hot water.
- Cold air – While in operation, heat pump water heaters release cool, dry air into the surrounding space.
- Condensation – Heat pump water heaters collect and drain condensation from the surrounding air and must be drained properly.
For more information contact our marketing department at 541-929-8520 or visit our information page here.