We currently offer a rebate to members who add a new heat pump to their current heating system.
Why consider a heat pump? The electric heat pump is the most efficient heating system on the market today. Heat pumps offer clean, safe, reliable comfort all year long.
What will a heat pump do for you?
- Keep you warm during the winter
- Keep you cool in summer and save you money
- They are the most efficient heating system on the market today
- Keep you safe from carbon monoxide, a deadly byproduct of fuel burning
- Keep your home clean, by reducing the amount of airborne dust and mildew
- Keep your home dry, by dehumidifying the air inside your home
Minimum insulation requirements for the rebate program:
- Ceiling insulation R-19 minimum
- Duct insulation R-3 minimum
- Floor insulation R-11 minimum
Air Source and Variable Speed Heat Pump Upgrade:
Available for replacing an existing heat pump, adding a heat pump to a system with gas backup, or new construction. The heat pump must have a minimum HSPF of 9, a SEER of 14, and be installed by a PTCS Certified contractor.
Air Source Heat Pump Conversion:
The PTCS air source heat pump conversion measure provides an incentive for replacing an electric forced air furnace with a heat pump. The heat pump must have a minimum HSPF of 9, a SEER of 14, and the work must be completed by a PTCS Certified contractor.
Commissioning and Controls
This rebate is for heat pumps that do not meet CPI minimum efficiency standards.
*While duct sealing is not required for installing a new heat pump, it is strongly recommended. Click here for more information.
The Steps Involved
- Initial inquiry by customer
- Schedule in-home energy inspection if weatherization improvement is required.
- Customer obtains heat pump bid(s) from PTCS certified contractor(s).
- Customer notifies contractor to proceed with work
- Installer sends CPI Heat Pump Rebate form, copies of the PTCS verification information, whole house heating/cooling load calculations, and invoice to CPI (Heat Pump Dealer Rebate Form).
- Possible on-site inspection of contractor’s work by CPI
Program subject to change without notice.