CPI’s Energy Star Homes Incentive Program
CPI’s Energy Star Homes program promotes energy efficiency in new construction of residential housing. Homebuilders that are looking to improve the bottom line, differentiate in the marketplace and respond to increasing consumer demand for energy efficiency can use this incentive program to offer their customers a home with greater value and lower operating costs.
To be eligible for CPI’s Energy Star Homes program your project must:
- Be new construction, remodels are not eligible.
- Home must be pre-approved for incentive prior to start of construction.
- Homes meeting Energy Star Requirements will receive a rebate of $1,500 for electrically heated homes.
To become an ENERGY STAR qualified builder and participate in the ENERGY STAR Homes Northwest program, follow the six steps listed below.
Step 1 – Builder Enrollment: Contact an Energy Star Verifier
- Contact a verifier found on the Energy Star website. You may contact CPI for more information to find a verifier near you.
Step 2 – Building Performance Specialist (Verifier) & HVAC Contractor Enlistment
Secure the services of an approved Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes Building Performance Specialist.
The Energy Star verifier guides you through the ENERGY STAR Home building process. The verifier reviews the building components and compliance requirements and submits all information to the State Certification Organization for ENERGY STAR certification. The verifier charges a fee that includes verification services and ENERGY STAR certification.
Your verifier can help you select an HVAC company with certified PTCS technicians or coordinate training to have your HVAC company certified.
Step 3 – Construction Process
Build the home to Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes Certification Requirements.
The Performance Path generally states these requirements. Your verifier, will help you in the planning stages, and provide ongoing information on correct methods of installation and building practices. They will ensure that complete performance testing of the HVAC system takes place, including heating, cooling and duct systems, by a Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes approved technician.
Step 4 – Verification
Arrange site access so the verifier can review the building components and confirm compliance.
At a minimum, the verifier will need to:
- Visually inspect the home and review any local energy code compliance documentation available
- Verify relevant component and equipment specifications (windows, HVAC, water heating, etc.)
- Verify that the HVAC system was installed and performance tested according to ENERGY STAR Homes Northwest standards
Step 5 – Certification
You will receive a Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes certificate within two weeks of final verification.
Certification fees are generally included with any verification fees you may pay. Upon receiving your Energy Star certificate please complete the CPI rebate application, or fill out the online form below. If you have any questions please contact our Energy Services Department at (541) 929-8520.